The Point Zero method, developed by Michele Cassou, uses painting as a tool for self-discovery and for exploring the spiritual dimensions of the creative process. Champeau, a former graphic designer and artist, discovered this method ten years ago, read Cassou's book, "Life, Paint and Passion: Reclaiming the Magic of Spontaneous Expression," and has been studying intensively with her. Champeau has been offering classes and workshops in Racine since 2002 and was recently selected as a master teacher of the process.
Point Zero Intuitive Painting Workshops are for people who want to make creativity a part of their life and who are searching for what is authentic in themselves. In the workshops, participants learn to:
- Experience the joy and playfulness of spontaneous expression;
- Dissolve unnecessary negative patterns and conditioning;
- Face and break through creative blocks;
- Listen to their inner self;
- Give themselves permission to live and create with more freedom;
- Uncover their unique painting style;
- Discover the power of creative expression.
Each session is three hours with the first and last half-hours focused on understanding creativity and the creative process and the middle two hours devoted to painting. Ms. Champeau works with each student individually. Beginners are welcome. Paintings are never judged, displayed or critiqued. All materials are provided. There is no need to be particularly talented, inspired or gifted. Creativity is available to everyone.
Two workshops are scheduled this Fall, on Fridays from 9 a.m. to noon, at Create Inner Joy Studio, 102 10th St. Cost is $150 for one workshop; $285 for both.
- Workshop #1 – Sept. 17, 24, Oct. 1 and 15.
- Workshop #2 – Oct. 22, 29, Nov. 5 and 19.
- Evening sessions are available if there is enough interest.
For more information or to register, contact Amy Champeau or call 262.635.9355.